Sunday, February 26, 2012

FAMILY

My late grandpa had this saying that typified his life: "FAMILY IS EVERYTHING".

I find this statement to be true...and it is actually one of my favorites. As I am on my own now, partying away at BYU, I have come to the realization of just how much family means to me. Before, I had a huge appreciation for those I call my family, but that appreciation has multiplied ten-fold as I am no longer within shouting distance of some family members. I love that they are the ones who truly know me, because I am partly them. We share the same blood, and grew up together. And the best part is that we are stuck with each other for eternity :)

Last weekend was presidents day weekend, thus I had a 4 day weekend (YES! 4!...I have no classes on fridays :) ). SO! I took a bus down to Sandy where my brother and his wife live. Then we journeyed up to Logan canyon where my family co-owns a cabin with some other relatives. My parents got there shortly after we arrived, and thus began the family weekend. It wasn't quite a family gathering, as we were missing 10 people, but we enjoyed each other's company nonetheless. We spent time eating, playing games, laughing, shopping, watching basketball, talking, and enjoying the comforts of the cabin. Monday, we spent almost the entire day cross country skiing. It was such a good get away from the college life. And it was especially nice to see my parents...they are the best! It is times like that where I remember why my family is my very favorite.

My bishop said something to the ward, which I absolutely love:

FAMILY: Forget About Me, I Love You!

And I do! I love my family. They are my everything!


(this may explain why... ^^)

1 comment: